Charging infrastructure gets a boost
- North Dakota to get 17 DC Fast Chargers (Level 3) via Volkswagen Settlement fund grants. The North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality released the first round of grants generated by the multi-billion-dollar federal government settlement with Volkswagen. Bismarck Tribune story
- Tesla will install a total of 32 Superchargers along I-94 in North Dakota. Eight Tesla Superchargers are being installed each in Dickinson, Bismarck, Jamestown and Fargo. Permits have also been filed for six stalls in Grand Forks and Pembina. KFYR story
- Where should charging stations be located? The US now has more than 20,000 EV charging stations, up from 16,000 just two years ago. Here’s a state by state breakdown as compiled by the US Department of Energy. Electrek story
- While auto manufacturers are beginning to offer more EV models, local dealerships seem to be avoiding loading up on EV inventory. Is it availability or demand? E&E News story
- Auto manufacturers are on track to offer more EV models at more price points than ever in the next decade, highlighted by several Super Bowl ads. Is this a sign of things to come? Business Insider story
Go to DriveElectricND.com to follow the growth of electric vehicles in North Dakota.
“A New Way to Drive”