(May 1, 2021)
- Electric “Bird Scooters” take to the streets in Bismarck The California company was able to get an ordinance change at the City Commission, and now riders can scoot around downtown at up to 15 mph. Bismarck Tribune story here.
- Honda set to phase out gasoline vehicles by 2040. The automaker says going 100% electric in North America is a “goal” and not a commitment. They join Jaguar, Volvo and General Motors in making this part of their long-term business plan. USA Today story.
- Ford Motor Company has committed $185 billion toward manufacturing battery cells for EVs in Detroit. Tesla and GM also have said they will produce their own batteries in the future. CNBC story here.
- One auto industry expert says EVs may be the biggest change in auto industry history, as major automakers retrain their employees to prepare for an all-electric future. Yahoo Finance story
- Shout out to Bismarck Motor Company as they unveiled the VW ID.4 this month. DEND will give an in depth look at the new EV in upcoming news, posts, and podcasts.
Go to DriveElectricND.com to follow the growth of electric vehicles in North Dakota.
“A New Way to Drive”